Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary, English-Russian
A trusted English-Russian dictionary from Cambridge with more than 20,000 easy-to-understand definitions and 25,000 example sentences to help you use English in real-life situations. Works offline!
Perfect for Russian learners of English, this Cambridge Learner’s Dictionary app offers audio pronunciations in both British and American English. Developed using the unique Cambridge Learner Corpus of written and spoken English, the app comes with tips on how to avoid typical errors made by Russian learners and a thesaurus to help you build your vocabulary.
• Russian translations for 20,000 English words and phrases.
• English Vocabulary Profile levels to help you prioritize your vocabulary learning.
• 25,000 examples from the 1.5-billion-word Cambridge English Corpus show how words work in typical contexts.
• Audio pronunciations let you hear the words spoken in both British and American English.
• 50 most common errors made by Russian speakers, explained in Russian.
• Thesaurus feature helps you to learn different words with the same meaning.
• Extra app features let you create flash cards to quiz yourself, save favourite words, and save your search histories.
Search and navigation features
• Full text search feature lets you look up words efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including usage examples
• Smart lookup lists similar words in case you misspell your search, and helps find words in any grammatical form
• Multiple clipboard lookup: Copy as many words as you need when you’re reading, paste into the app, and view all the entries for your words
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Search for anagrams (e.g., tab-bat)
• Hyperlinks between entries
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support
• Enhanced customization options allow you to modify animated menus and choose background colours
• Enlarge or reduce font size for entries and the index
• Landscape-mode support
• Fully iPad-optimized interface
• No Internet connection required: download a dictionary once and use it on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch without any additional expense
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today’s global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 countries.
Cambridge University Press
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 7.0 or later
iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad Pro, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPhone 11, iPod touch (7th generation), iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad mini Retina, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPhone 6, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 5, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi, iPhone 5c, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air3, iPad Air3Cellular, iPad Mini5, iPad Mini5Cellular, iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, Watch4