A real hidden gem for me. At the start it was difficult to play, after watching so play throughs online, I eventually grasped the concept of the game. This is excellent for retro game lovers and honestly is worth the £3.
Pixel Dungeon is an exciting and extremely popular roguelike. Explore the depths of Pixel Dungeon, collect useful items and fight fierce monsters to find the Amulet of Yendor (surprise!) - the ultimate artefact of this game world!
Are you prepared for this very easy to play yet difficult to master dungeon crawler?
* Charming pixel-art graphics and a simple interface that gets out of your way.
* 25 randomly generated levels with different settings like sewers, abandoned prison, caves, etc... so you will feel that every new game is unique!
* A deceitful dungeon full of dangers! Try to avoid the hidden traps or falling on deadly chasms. Or find as many chests as you can, full of treasures to use or sell!
* A different array of monsters that will try to get a piece of you on every corner, plus some bigger bosses that will try to get an even bigger piece ;)
* Lots of different items to find, buy, sell... including armor, weapons, potions, wands, scrolls...
* Various character classes to suit your style of play, from the strong Warrior or the knowledgeable Mage to the sneaky Rogue and the powerful Huntress. You can specialize your character even further, if you survive long enough ;)
* Enchantments that you'll have to use on your weapons and armor if you want to survive the dungeon's harsh conditions
* You'll use your alchemy knowledge to brew rare potions, improve the dungeon's economy by spending all your coins on the shops and deal with obnoxious NPCs and their demanding quests
* Lots of other surprises, you'll need to check the game to find out!
Everything about Pixel Dungeon:
Temple of the Roguelike forum: http://forums.roguetemple.com/index.php?topic=2826
Official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pixeldungeon
Developer Blog: http://pixeldungeon.tumblr.com/
Pixel Dungeon Wiki (including things like items and monsters descriptions, tactics and mechanics etc), run by a community: http://pixeldungeon.wikia.com/
You can also follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/watawatabou & https://twitter.com/Arcnor
What's New in Version 1.9.3
The bug which caused freezing on iOS 12 is fixed
VPP Device Licensing
Rated 9+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
iOS 9.3.5 or later
iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad 2 (Wi-Fi), iPad 2 (3G), iPad (3rd Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (3rd Generation) (4G), iPad (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (Wi-Fi), iPad mini (4G), iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
It’s pretty amazing for 2 pounds it actually reminded me of the time where people weren’t shouting about fortnite (I miss those times) anyway you die a lot but it good also don’t go to the next floor until you level up read the signs and the first boss goo you’ve got to stand in water and he has to stay out of it make sure to have a healing potion and you should be good for the start also fortnite is horrible if you like this game don’t play it or talk about it anyway it amazing buy it because I want these games to come back also I’m 12 so don’t think I’m old but I am pretty mature
It can take several runs to get the right setup. But the results are perfect
Wow still love this game after many years.
* fantastic longevity as every game is different
- -> some games are 5 mins some an hour... it’s a Rogue ;)
- -> there are strategies for every monster and boss to find. That’s part of the magic here :)
* still finding new strategies, gear wearing out really makes you think.
* Tread carefully , some games am tooled up ... and get over confident and die the game laughs... so one more go it is then.
This is a premium game! Hope it gets revamped for iPhone X screen. It would get prominence on the App Store for sure.
PS ... UPDATE Thankyou for update for IOS12 freeze fix. Hope you’ve got future plans for this Awsome game
Looks like it has the qualities of a good dungeon crawler but you’ll repeatedly be killed by overpowered enemies on floor 2 or 3 that you have no hope of killing so don’t expect to get much play time out of this game..
Update and change to 1 star: claims a large number of levels but level 5 is a kill screen boss
Not worth the money
Definitely a good time waster with plenty of content, would be nice if apple users could get access to the dozen or so offshoot games like shattered pixel, sprouted pixel etc etc.
This is a fun game but I would love iPhone X support and maybe a few more updates
Awesome game. I've spent many happy hours of my life on this. It could do with a bit of a refresh now though. The last update was Jan 2016.
I have spent many hours with this app because it is fun and addictive.
It can be frustrating at times but its definitely worth the moneys.
I didn't know what to expect, especially after enjoying such games as Delver and Hammerwatch, I thoroughly enjoy playing this game. I recommend it.
I was looking for a game to play for my holiday and ended up playing this instead of going to the beach?!
hard af, but that's the point
Amazing game, surprisingly rich in content. Would be better if you play your own music and podcasts while playing.
It was long overdue to come to iOS! So excited to see it and play it on iPhone! Amazingly addictive game with surprising depth. However it keeps randomly crashing losing all my progress..:( very frustrating! So close to have had my first successful run..aargh..please fix
A deep and very challenging dungeon crawler, with great pixel graphics and a sense of humour :)
I'm stil useless at I but can't get enough
1 request, make the second quick slot permanent or at least remember from game to game.
Still. Buy this game if you like exploring and finding cool treasure (some of which will **ck you up!)
This game is plenty of fun to play when you have a little spare time - on the train, one the plane, in a boring meeting. There's something addictive about it!