I accidentally deleted a huge paragraph of a note and I can’t get it back since I left the app after. Can you make a button that can revert the changes?
Bear is a focused, flexible notes app used by writers, lawyers, chefs, teachers, engineers, students, parents and more! Bear has quick organisation, editing tools, and export options to help you write quickly and share anywhere and preserve your privacy with encryption.
2017 Apple Design Award
App Store App of the Year 2016
“My journaling app of choice is Bear” - Kit Eaton, New York Times
*WRITE YOUR WAY* with flexible yet simple tools
- Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes and lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required. Learn more below)
- Easily create notes with Siri and iOS Shortcuts
- Use Apple Watch to dictate and append to recent notes
- Pick from over a dozen themes for the perfect writing space (requires Bear Pro. Learn more below)
- Support for sketching, drawing, and Apple Pencil (and other styli)
- Grab images, text, files, and clip web pages with Bear’s app extension
*ORGANIZE QUICKLY* with tasks and #tags
- Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
- Add tasks to notes to stay on track
- Archive notes to keep them around, but out of your way
- Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, reference other notes, and more
- Pick custom icons to help important tags stand out in the Sidebar
- Use emoji autocomplete to add style to your tasks, journals, headings, and more
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, EPUB, and TextBundle (some export options require Bear Pro)
- Copy part of a note in a variety of formats to paste elsewhere
- Easily share your notes to any third party app including Wordpress, Mail, Sparkle, etc...
*SEARCH ALL THE THINGS*
- Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
- Quickly find what you need with keyword highlights
- Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Search Triggers. Try @task to find all notes with todos.
*USE IT EVERYWHERE* with sync in Bear Pro
- Sync your notes between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch
- Notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- A single in-app subscription works across all your devices
*YOUR NOTES, NOT OURS*
- Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you (Bear Pro required)
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required)
- Export notes to portable formats like Plain Text, Markdown, and TextBundle
- With a Bear Pro subscription, your notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
*ENABLE ALL FEATURES WITH BEAR PRO*
One low, yearly subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
- Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
- Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
- Over a dozen gorgeous app themes to help you create the best writing environment
- More themes are on the way
- Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually (save 18%)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
$1.49 monthly, includes a one week free trial
$14.99 annually, includes a one month free trial
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
What's New in Version 1.7.6
NEW FEATURES FOR iOS 13 & iPadOS
* Dark Mode on iOS 13 and iPadOS. Bear will remember the themes you pick in Dark and Light modes.
* Work in Bear across multiple spaces in iPadOS. Open a note in Split View next to Safari, then work in a different note next Mail. Or open two different notes side-by-side!
* Annotate photos and PDFs. Circle objects in a photo or highlight important parts of a document. Also, When exporting a note to JPG or PDF, quickly annotate it before sharing to someone or another app.
* Encrypt individual notes - Set a password to protect a sensitive note, and use Face/Touch ID to unlock it
* Lock Bear - Require Face/Touch ID to access Bear
* Spotlight search comes to macOS - Search your Bear notes while working in other apps, even if Bear isn’t open
* Live Note Links - Links to Bear notes from other notes now update automatically, even if the note title changes
* Emoji auto-complete - Anywhere in a note, type a colon (:) and a couple of letters to see emoji suggestions (try :smile for example!)
* New Safari extension - Bear now uses Apple’s latest Safari extension system. On the Mac, Bear automatically adds its extension to Safari (no separate download required), you just need to enable it in Safari preferences. It should now ask for permission only once.
* Safari extension settings moved into Bear - You can now control extension behavior from Bear’s settings
* New TagCons - Many by popular request! 33 new tagcons!
* Improvements to Spotlight search on iOS - Results should be snappier
* More notes on Apple Watch - Now sync up to 15 notes to your Apple Watch
* New Flicktype keyboard for faster writing on Apple Watch
* Two new Bear Pro themes - Gandalf and Ayu Mirage
* Fixed text overflow problem on iOS.
* Fixed problem which caused CPU and memory spikes on both iOS and macOS devices.
* Fixed bug, which caused the note history navigation (back/forward) to behave incorrectly, resulting in the previous note not being selected.
* Fixed bug which caused trashed notes with a [[wiki link]]to be opened.
* XCallbacksURL calls /open-tag, /create, /tags, /untagged, /todo, /today, /locked, /search and /grab-url now all work when the app is locked.
* Fixed /create bug when the timestamp parameter is yes.
* Fixed bug with the external keyboard on iPad, which caused the search field not to show anything when the spacebar is used.
* Fixed problem with the emoji autocomplete on iOS, which caused the menu not to close correctly.
* Emoji autocomplete now doesn’t show inside code blocks.
* Web page importer problem with certain image paths fixed.
* Web page importer now converts relative paths in links to absolute paths.
* Web page importer bug with some list configurations fixed.
* On macOS, popovers (Styles, Links, Info Panel, etc… ) are now kept open when switching to other apps.
* Fixed HTML export bug concerning unordered and ordered lists.
* Fixed MD exporter problem with images linked with the MD Image link marker.
* Apple Watch app back button inside the note detail restored.
* Fixed problem with iOS extension, which caused Safari to behave incorrectly in certain conditions.
* Improved PDF imports.
Shiny Frog Ltd.
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 10.0 or later
iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation), Apple Watch Series 4
English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
service, daily installs can reach 3000+. Ping me at Skype& Whatsapp:+8615282351612 /Facebook:aso888. Every one can get a test promotion for 3 days now!
Really good app but last update messed it up. The markup bar floats right beneath the cursor somewhere almost top of the screen instead of being just above the keyboard. Its hard to type.
Also it's not posible to type music notes like C#m etc as it changes immediately into a tag.
cancelled premium subscription as you have still not incorporated tables/templates. switched to evernote premium
Started using this for my study notes. You cannot search for text inside notes. Support has confirmed this. It’s not acceptable. Will use a different app from now on.
This is simply the best note taking app I’ve ever used. Over the years, I’ve tried many. Very versatile and offers lots of complexity if you need it. The developers really keep on the ball with this and it gets wonderful updates quite frequently. The £1.29 monthly fee is a steal. I’d gladly pay more for something this good.
It doesn’t move down to a new line, just keeps typing off the screen and you can’t do anything about it
Decent enough app, but there are plenty of cheaper ones out there and free ones that sync between different platforms which I guess is what most people want.
I’ll never purchase something that is available on one one platform only. Sorry that’s only my view I know, but I’m sure plenty of other people will be thinking along the same lines
I've been using Bear since soon after it was released, and it just keeps getting better. It's everything a greater app should be: intuitive, simple to use but with a whole lot of functionality under the hood when you need it, elegant, reliable and versatile. After email, browser and a calendar, if I could only have one app on my iPad and iPhone, this would be it. The Premium (annual) is well worth having if only to have sync between devices, and is at a highly competitive price. Six stars, honestly.
This little notes app is now my default for note taking in school. Forget Apple notes, Bear is where it’s at. Once you figure out the file system it’s honestly amazing and easy to use. Can’t recommend enough
I really need to make the switch to Bear from Evernote but for the life of me, I can't draw/insert a table.
I'd give it a 5 star if I could.
No other note app comes close. The only thing that was missing for me was a password protection for notes. It now has that. Which means this app is, for me, perfection. I’m so in love with it I’ve paid for the yearly pro because I’m so confident it can’t let me down.
I like writing fiction and journal entries on my phone and I’ve tried a few note taking apps, but none of them were enjoyable to use and I deleted them fairly quickly.
Then I found Bear and two years later I still use it on a regular basis. It is absolutely marvellous!! Its interface is beautiful, its features are easy to navigate and the overall experience is awesome. Never have I enjoyed using a notes app - or any app, for that matter - so much and I can’t recommend it highly enough to anybody who uses their phone for any type of note.
I’ve been through many note taking apps, they are essential to my job. Bear has really surprised me not only does it compete with Evernote, in many ways it’s better! Thanks Bear team awesome software more stuff like this please.
I don’t usually write reviews for apps, especially if people have already posted loads of them. However, after trying out so many note-taking apps I have found this one to be my absolute favourite because of how easy and intuitive to use it is and yet it offers a lot of functionality.
Seeing how it has made the note-taking process a whole lot more enjoyable for me, I wanted to leave a review to show my appreciation! 5 🌟’s!
The app is very simple and convenient. I’ve been using it for a while. However, I decided to scrap it today and switch to Evernote because despite my requests sent a long time ago the search tool haven’t been improved. The issue with the search tool is that it doesn’t have the feature to jump to a keyword directly. Instead, it only shows notes containing the keyword. That is very annoying.
Have been using Bear for a while and it keeps improving with new features. Support Team are responsive and open to suggestions for sensible new app ideas and improvements. While the optional Pro version is subscription based, the price is sensible for an annual charge, no more than if you upgraded to a new version each year, so realistic given the apps quality and usefulness. The tagging feature is great for organising files and documents, that are easy to format and look great in the Bear app. Loads of export options, so no ‘lock in’ once you are hooked. Import of my existing external markdown text files worked well too, so quickly got my content into Bear, ready for tagging and organisation to my own liking. Highly recommended premium quality app!
I used this app throughout my degree to keep notes in lectures, organise my dissertation and whenever I needed notes generally. I used the tags a lot to organise notes by module and sub organise within module if I wanted. You can easily markup your notes with different sizes headings and rich text as you would on a page. The bullet points, to do lists and ability to export in different formats occasionally came in handy as well. Never experienced any problems with it and it’s well designed with a charming interface. The only small niggle I have is by default when making a new note it always starts a note as a large heading which is pointless and just adds another pointless tap for more casual
use. Would throughly recommend.
Indenting at both sides leaves very little space per line. And there's no option to reduce or turn it off.
You can't jump to the next occurrence of a search term within a note.
Can't use installed fonts.
No option to import from simple note.
Love. Bear love. Love bear.
I’m usually too lazy to write reviews but Bear deserves one.
I’m a recent convert from Evernote - a product that has become bloated and expensive over the years.
Bear is a breath of fresh air in comparison. It’s clean, simple and has all of the features that I need. I love it!
Bear is a great notes app.
Bear is a beautiful product. Cross device flawless sync and one of the cleanest and most accessible interfaces on any device.
The trick is not to get excited about the subscription model (let’s face it developers need cash and if you are going to invest your time in an app you better well hope the developer does too) or seeming lack of a filing system. You simply need to realise the fee is modest and tags are your friend.
Do that and you won’t look back. Trust me. Markdown is the future and Bear sits in that odd space where I can use it to write long form or use it as a note taking app. I do both and to be honest it’s just a pleasure in either case.
It’s just a great app that’s well thought out and elegantly executed. I use it on iOS and macOS.
Can’t fault Bear. Supremely useful for syncing notes/bits of writing across all my Apple devices. Stable, reliable, easy to use, with a tagging system that organises your notes. Attractive interface too.
Great little app!
I tend to dump my brain into notes, and when I look at all the other note apps I’ve used I often feel ashamed that they are so unorganised.
Bear let me create little or big notes and just stack them there, until someday I have some time to kill so I can add a bunch of tags to get them sorted. The interface is simple, without any tidying-up it stays tidy.
I love the fact that it is compatible with markdown syntax so I can write some .rd files when I’m on the go.
I also enjoy how the notes can be easily exported into nice pdfs and pictures so I can share with others.
I am not used to write app reviews, but Bear really deserves some extra shiny 5-star after I’ve been using it for almost a year. Simply flawless and cute.
Easy to use and easy on the eye. I love this app, it makes
writing easy and let you concentrate and focus on what you are writing. Keep up the good work and thanks.
...the lack of the Web support. As soon as web support arrives i will gladly award 5 stars. This application is wonderful!
This app is amazing, but please add a c++ icon.
This app is a joy to use, and I love the tags....so easy to organise notes. I’m not a fan of markdown as I really don’t need it, an option to ‘hide’ this would be good, but I get why it’s the way it is.
This app is really a step above the rest. It is simple and focused and the hashtags work incredibly well to organise your content. With the ability to link notes you can create your knowledge base in next to no time. Shortcuts are easy to learn and within a few minutes you’ve learned how to use the app and fit it into your note taking style rather than the other way around.
It displays really well on iPhone, iPad and Mac and the themes are gorgeous.
Importing text from a webpage is incredibly useful for me. Export options are great too.
The only thing I miss is the ability to handwrite freely. Sure you can add sketches but it’s not the same thing... I think this is not the app for that.
I am currently in the trial period but will purchase the pro version as this is really good.
It is no overstatement to say that this simple yet brilliantly designed app has given me a clear, organised space to develop my ideas and positively change my life. Just, try it.
The only app I pay a monthly fee for.
I moved all my notes in this app and I would only use it, the only downside I can think of is if it some point it stops being serviced but I hope that doesn’t happen as this is a great, smooth, affordable still, app.
A joy to use on any platform. One of the best apps I’ve used on any device. It’s simplicity is its strength. Works so well with omnifocus.
Bear is in my opinion the best notation app available. It’s clean, elegant, minimal and works perfectly. You get the feeling that this is just the sort of app Steve Jobs would hope the developers would create.
When I say minimal I mean only in appearance. Bear is a huge app with incredible functionality that is hidden behind a serene calm facade. And it’s easy to use. I have been looking for just such an app for a long time and have tried many, Bear has ticked all the boxes for me.
I have upgraded to the Pro version at just £1.49 (U.K.) which is great value.
I can’t recommend Bear highly enough. Download the free version today and give it a try ..... you will be pleasantly surprised.
Great app. Love it mainly for the tags lol, they just work amazingly for organisation. I also use a dark theme from the pro subscription, looks great. As a user, if they keep the subscription reasonably priced like it currently is, I can see myself being a customer for years to come.
Keep up the good work!
My work mate said this, on the experience of using bear. I agree
Clean, simple and most importantly: versatile.
Bear is my go to notes app, I use it for everything!
I’ve been struggling for years to find a note taking solution that feels smooth, simple and genuinely easy to use and that reflects the fact that my note taking needs are diverse. I must admit that I thought I’d never find the solution but now I have.
I use an IPad Pro 11” and an IPhone XS Max. This app works well on both, but importantly it just makes note taking simple.
The search function is excellent and speedy, and it avoids the awful need for filing that comes with so many solutions.
It’s intuitive, I feel pretty much at home after two days.
It strikes an excellent balance between simplicity, features and speed.
It’s price is right. At < £20 per year, it’s the right price range.
I genuinely hope it stays this way and doesn’t go the way of so many others by destroying what makes it great.
At first I thought I don’t need another note taking app I had been and still am a great fan of Evernote and didn’t really think Bear would add anything to what I was already doing
But how wrong I was Bear has now become one of my favourite apps with its great editing functionality
Evernote is great but searching for particular details was sometimes a chore searching through multiple notes before finding the actual one I need ( probably my own fault not using tags efficiently) however the tagging system of bear is superb taking me straight to where I want to be with related notes linked directly there where I need them
The editing processes make it now my number 1 choice for note, letter,article writing, todos and just about any form of document
I still use Evernote for the more mundane note saving eg bills and household stuff but for more productive things Bear is the one I’m still learning all the benefits but so far very impressed
Excellent App well done
The app is beautiful but the subscription model is just silly. The app is downloaded for free and is fully functional. Why would anyone want a subscription? Change the subscription to a one payment full purchase and most people would buy the app. If you are already providing the app for free why not allow people to make a one off payment for extra features? Once the developer does that I will change the 1 star to 5 stars. As a consumer I am fed up of all these subscriptions.
Real good idea. But far to many instructions.
This app is so good it helps me organise my life and keeps me on track that’s why I read this at a five star
It is the best note taking app on ios! I have been using apple notes for a while but then made a switch to Bear. I really like that I can group my notes by hashtags and edit them the way I want! The design is super clean and neat, so easy to navigate! There is one thing in the app which is missing for me though, I would really like to lock some of my notes either with password or faceID or touchID.
Hope the developers read these reviews
This is the BEST note taking app I’ve EVER found! It’s so organised and makes my notes looks neat and I can put it down exactly the way it is in my head! Get to choose from backgrounds and write in so many different ways!! 10000% recommend it to everyone!!
Please it needs an undo button for accidental deletes!!
And please i dont want to always delete those title things before i type a new note. If i want a title, i put it myself: it shouldnt be there by default.
Need easier access to date note created.
Its nice and easy to use.
Hooked on this App. Love it!
Fantastic app and the monthly fee is affordable and allows for me to know what I have to do and finish!
Fantastic app for all - especially those with bad memory!