I’ve abandoned playing this after one day because the controls are not responsive enough and make it frustrating to play.
Mr. Doodle! is a modern adaptation of the famous retro 80's arcade. The concept of the game is very simple - your task is to go through all the levels, gaining points by killing monsters and collecting bonuses!
The main character, funny runner Mr. Doodle will not stop before achieve his goal - to run away from pesky opponents and to collect all the fruits in a cave. By digging the ground, he skillfully avoids collisions with monsters, leading them into a trap, and eliminates the enemies by dropping apples on their heads. But be careful, the number of apples is limited, can you calculate everything correctly and help Mr. Doodle to pass the level ?!
In this game you will:
- Collect all the cherries, which are counted in the score;
- For every 5,000 points in the game appears Alfa-monster, you need to eliminate him;
- Kill all Alfa-monsters and spell with their letters the word EXTRA;
- Receive a gift of an extra life!
- Special treasure: did you find a diamond hidden inside apple?
Modern graphics accompanied by the typical 8-bit melodies and sound effects. This combination is an indispensable complement to this fun and challenging puzzle!
You can choose between 4 different control types (from in-game menu):
1) Swipe & Tap (by default). Swipe any where on the screen with your finger in direction you want to move, then release finger to stop. Short tap any where to fire. You can also fire while running, just tap with your second finger while holding down the first (i.e. two fingers down = fire).
2) Joystick A. Classic type of onscreen joystick, where d-pad is intended to move in four directions. D-pad is in the bottom left, and the Fire button is in the bottom right corner of the screen.
3) Joystick B. Alternate onscreen joystick. Buttons are split. Left/Right buttons are in the bottom left, and Up/Down/Fire buttons are in the bottom right corner of the screen.
4) If you have MFI compatible gamepad device (like Logitech Powershell, Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i etc.) connected to your iPhone/iPad, you can use it with this game to feel all the beauty of playing this retro arcade game with a real joystick device!
5) iCade and GameDock is supported automatically.
- iOS 6.0 and higher;
- iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6+;
- iPad and iPad HD graphics supported;
- Game Center leader boards;
- MFI gamepad controllers are now supported;
- iCade and GameDock controllers supported.
What's New in Version 1.31
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus high resolution screen support added;
- iCade and GameDock controllers support added;
- bug removed: after incoming call there were no sound in the game;
- backward compatibility with iOS 6 devices!
- MFI gamepad controllers support added;
- controls tweak: when "Swipe & Tap" joystick mode selected from in-game menu (this mode is selected by default), you can now fire while running. Just tap with the second finger while holding down the first (i.e. two fingers down = fire).
- various bugs fixed.
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 6.0 or later
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPad 2 (Wi-Fi), iPad 2 (3G), iPad (3rd Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (3rd Generation) (4G), iPad (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad (4th Generation) (4G), iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (Wi-Fi), iPad mini (4G), iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi + Cellular), iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
Hi, This is excellent on many levels, but the touch screen controls are not very responsive, making it difficult to play. Please define magic keyboard controls like on the original BBC version. Thanks, Steph
Good remake of MrDo. Works well with nimbus controller.
Only gripe, after hours of play, it appears to save so can resume game, however if you minimise the app and go back to it a few hours later, the resume function is no longer an option, disappointing as pointless trying to get a high score unless you sit there for days on end.....
It’s a good port but on level 3 when you eat the drink in the middle of the screen when all the monsters have come out the tunnels and rest of the screen turn black so you can’t see the tunnels, huge bug!
Played this game back in the 8t's (1984) when it was 10 pence a go!!
A bug or two with this version but that matters little to be able to take a trip down memory lane to when I was young lad.
Well done to that person that brought it back to life !
Reminds me of bobs magic garden.
Pretty close to the original arcade format, a real blast from the past for all you kids of the 80's
Great game for money and plays just like the original! Couple f really minor bugs that don't detract ! If this was your face game as it was for me you'll be happy here
Excellent 80s classic brings back memories
Money back please
I love this game. But it does have a few bugs and need of some improvements to be perfect.
Bug: sometimes the ghosts keep moving when the monsters are released.
Also should be able to fire through thin walls. Can't do this as you either take a full step to destroy the wall or your hands don't reach far enough forward to project then out of your safe place.
On the original you could dig a half hole and let the apple fall in to secure the ghost from catching you. When you try this on this game the ghosts touch the apple and it falls.
Joystick mode feels better but slow to respond and misses some cherries when zig zagging to collect them.
All in all tho. Great remake. Been looking for this for years!!! Years I tell ya!!
Best copy of the original arcade game I've ever seen.
Doesn't always save progress when you leave the game and come back to it though.
And would have preferred the original baddies too