I get results anywhere from 65-69. Yes, holding at arms length, and yes, looking at camera. Obviously, results are inaccurate. Waste of money.
App Store's highest-rated app to measure your Pupil Distance quickly and accurately. Measure your PD in seconds and order your next pair of glasses online for less.
PD, short for Pupillary Distance, is the distance between the center of your pupils in millimeters. This measurement is vital for the manufacturing of your prescription eyeglasses. This measurement is also useful for VR (Virtual Reality) Headsets.
• Distance PD - For making regular glasses for everyday use.
• Reading PD - For making reading only glasses, useful for phone/tablet use.
• Computer PD - Useful for desktop, laptop and notebook computers.
• VR PD - For use in Virtual Reality headsets.
Our app uses advanced algorithms to calculate your PD. Check out our positive reviews by thousands of satisfied customers.
• For iPhone X and later models, fully automated PD measurement in less than 3 seconds.
• Over 300 readings are taken and our advance algorithm provides the most accurate results.
• For models before iPhone X, Measure your PD in 3 quick steps.
• User-friendly interface and detailed help step-by-step.
• Advance algorithm fine-tuned over five years, calculates and gives precise results.
• Pupils are automatically detected.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Bugfixes and improvements.
• NEW: For iPhone X and later, Fully automatic PD measurement done within 3 seconds with extreme accuracy.
• NEW: Computer PD and Virtual Reality PD measurement are also available now.
• NEW: Mono (Right and Left separately) PDs are now also available.
• A description has been added for each result for better understanding.
• Redesigned crosshair is easier to see and position on pupils.
• Maximum photo zoom has been increased for easier crosshair positioning.
• Completely redesigned camera with front and back camera flash and timer.
• Improved algorithm for better accuracy.
• Automatic pupil detection.
0980578 B.C. LTD.
VPP Device Licensing
iOS 12.0 or later
iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 mini, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (6th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro (Cellular), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) (Cellular), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5-inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air (Cellular), iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 (Cellular), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini Retina, iPad mini Retina (Cellular), iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 (Cellular), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 (Cellular), iPad mini (5th Generation), iPad mini (5th Generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (7th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi), iPad Air (4th Generation) (Wi-Fi + Cellular), iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi, iPad (8th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th Generation), iPod touch (7th generation)
5 different values with a variance of up 3.5mm between the smallest and largest reading. You will get a better result with a manual reader - available from Amazon for less than £5 - or just a normal ruler!
It’s a good app and I am sure that it has taken a very accurate measurement. It is expensive for an app that has a single use. Also, which is really annoying, it does not save the measurement values for future reference, hence two stars.
Too many different readings none of which matched a prescription. Looked at tutorial several times to check I was doing it correctly _ iPad at arms length etc. Waste of money.
Obtained accurate PD measurement at fist attempt. Exactly same PD as measured at opticians two days earlier.
Different measurement marginally each time. Different still from optician so all in all concerned how accurate this is.
Useless. Tried lots of times, never anywhere near my PD confirmed by 2 separate opticians. Irritated I wasted money on this!
Tried this five times however all readings different therefore, Inconsistent and unreliable.
Follow the instructions. It's that simple.
My opticians were being a bit fishy about providing this measurement - so it's great that there is an easy accurate way of measuring it myself.
I followed the clear instructions five times and got readings of around 103mm. However, when checked, the actual PDN was 70mm. This is not only inaccurate but dangerous too as wrong measurements cause a lot of eye problems.
This app can waste you a lot of money as you will need to buy new lenses once you realise why you are experiencing eye/medical problems.
Works well but I didn't trust it so I went to an optician to double check and it was 4mm out which can make a lot of difference. Glad I went to my optician to check.
Didn't have The pd on my prescription so downloaded this app as you need the pd to order lenses will now save ££ sending my own frames to get top quality lenses fitted
Thanks a million clever guys!
Just saved myself a small fortune not having to pay for another eye test to include the PD as did not ask for one in the previous test few months ago.
The app is simplicity itself from start to finish in less than two minutes - literally. Just remember to extend your arm out as far as it can go or use a selfie stick.
This is a clever idea - makes it a lot easier to find the pupil distance. It uses something basically everyone has - a credit card :)
Little concerned why you need a credit card as opposed to another sort of card? Other than that, quality!
This is useful if you want to buy your specs online and need pupil distance.